Tuesday, March 02, 2010


Emily Bronte' in Wuthering Heights puts into words her definition of 'soullular' love or what has now come to be know as the relationship shared by soulmates.

Her heroine Catherine says, "I love him...not because he's handsome, but because he's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same... My great thought in living is himself. If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger; I should not seem a part of it...Time will not change it. My love for him resembles the eternal rocks beneath; a source of little visible delight, but necessary. I AM him! He's always, always in my mind: not as a pleasure, anymore than I am always a pleasure to myself, but as my own being."


Well said , yes??!

No comments: